BRIDGEWATER, NJ - The Green Planet Band, Bridgewater's local rock band, raised and donated $500 to the Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief fund through Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity.
The band was in Austin, Texas, when Hurricane Harvey made its way through the state, so they saw firsthand how devastating it was. At that point, they decided to save up their tips to give to hurricane relief.
"We are grateful to our fans and thankful to the venues who supported our quest to raise $500," the members of the band said. "We are happy to see people pitching in to re-build."
The members of the band are Kylee Rapp, 12, vocals and guitar; Tyler Rapp, 8, drums; Anna Rapp, 9, bass; and Mama Lisa.
The band's theme is "Recycling Rock n' Roll One Song at a Time."
Their upcoming events are:
- Dec. 2 - Holiday Cheer with The Green Planet and Catmoondaddy, Pottersville Acoustic Cafe
- Dec. 8 - The Folk Project Minstrel Open Stage, Morristown
- Dec. 9 - The Westbrook Restaurant & Bar, Bound Brook
- Dec. 10 - Fundraiser for Dunellen Public Library Barnes & Noble, Somerville Circle
- Dec. 31 - Celebrate NYE with The Green Planet and Bonnie Boland, The Westbrook Restaurant & Bar, Bound Brook
- Jan. 5 - Ring in the New Year, American Spirits Roadhouse
- March 17 - Thomas Sweet Cafe, Skillman
For more information about the band, visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thegreenplanetband.