BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A Brooklyn man was arrested Aug. 13 for allegedly shoplifting almost $1,000 worth of merchandise from Costco in the Promenade Shopping Center, according to a report from Bridgewater Township Police.
Vileek Holmes, 20, was charged with shoplifting and resisting arrest.
According to police, Holmes was allegedly found with $999 worth of merchandise.
He was processed and taken to Somerset County Jail.
Police made arrests for driving while intoxicated and more through the middle of August.
- Caridad Diaz, 32, of Elizabeth, was arrested Aug. 7 for driving while intoxicated following a motor vehicle complaint on Route 22 West at 12:27 a.m., according to police. Diaz was issued summonses for driving while intoxicated, refusal to submit to the testing of breath, reckless driving, speeding and failure to maintain a lane of travel. She was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- A Newmans Lane resident reported at about 4:35 p.m. Aug. 17 that there was a burglary to their garage. According to police, someone entered the garage, and stole a power tool and several "Snap-On" hand tools.
- Hannah Williams, 18, and Alexander Luciano, 20, both of Bridgewater, were arrested on Old York Road for possession of marijuana and served summonses for the same. They were processed and released pending a court date.
- Cruz Majano-Mercado, 23, of Plainfield, was arrested Aug. 17 on an outstanding warrant. He was taken to the Somerset County Jail.
- Hugo Morales, 32, of Bound Brook, was arrested Aug. 19 for driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for a motor vehicle violation on East Main Street. Morales was issued summonses and criminal complaint for driving while intoxicated, careless driving and obstructing administration of law. He was processed and released pending a court appearance.