BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A fire on Diamond Place Christmas Eve appeared to have been caused by Christmas lights on the outside of the house, according to Bridgewater Township Police.
Bridgewater Township Police Lt. Tim Hoey said the fire occurred at 1 Diamond Place.
"The cause of the fire appears to be Christmas lights that were on the front exterior of the residence and non-suspicious," he said.
The family living in the house was displaced by the fire, but none were injured.
According to Hoey, a firefighter from Bound Brook injured his left ankle while on a ladder that was being retracted, but no other injuries were reported.
Responding to the fire were the Martinsville Fire Department, Green Knoll Volunteer Fire Department, Finderne Volunteer Fire Department, Warren Fire Department, Bound Brook Fire Department and Liberty Corner Fire Department. Also responding were rescue squads from Martinsville, Green Knoll, Finderne, Somerville and Hillsborough.