SOMERSET COUNTY, NJ - The Somerset County Cultural Diversity Coalition is seeking nominations for the 2015 Diversity Awards. The awards are designed to recognize exceptional individuals who live and/or work in Central New Jersey and who have made outstanding contributions to promote diversity.
Organizations, corporations, agencies and educational institutions of all levels are encouraged to nominate outstanding individuals who have made a difference in the area of diversity. We are looking for nomination for following categories.
- Business/Management: Managers, corporate officials, customer service, research, scientists, etc.
- Education: Teachers or administrators in public, private schools or higher education who have been innovative or very dedicated to diversity education.
- Government/Law Enforcement: Government or law enforcement agencies: elected officials, administrators, or staff who have made unique contributions or have performed outstanding service.
- Journalism/Media: Writers, editors, commentators, authors – those who may significantly affect community diversity promotional efforts.
- Social Service and Volunteerism: Any community agencies, professional practitioners and citizens in the community.
- Youth Leaders: Youth group that promotes diversity in the community
- Faith Community: Outstanding initiatives for promoting intercultural/interfaith understanding
The recipients of the award will be honored at a recognition dinner on Nov. 21. The SCCDC should receive nominations for the 2015 award no later than Oct. 1.
Please visit www.sccdiversity.com to download the form and include a narrative statement of 100 words or less on your nominee’s specific accomplishments within the community (rather than a listing of titles, boards served on, etc.) For example, you might nominate someone who has initiated, designed or implemented an innovative diversity program in the community, school or workplace.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Tulsi Maharjan at 908-369-4318. Return this form with a narrative to: Somerset County Diversity Coalition, P.O. Box 5082, Somerville, NJ 08876