RARITAN, NJ - A Gladstone man was arrested June 3 for driving while intoxicated after police responded to a report of someone slumped over the wheel of a vehicle in the Quick Chek, according to Raritan Borough Police.
Ryan Pecca, 31, was arrested for driving while intoxicated and possession of drug paraphernalia.
After being awakened, according to the report, Pecca failed field sobriety tests. A search of his person, the report said, located several empty wax folds that were used to store heroin, a needle cap, a razor blade with drug residue and a folded dollar bill with drug residue on it.
The incident was investigated by Officer Benjamin Griffin.
Raritan police made several other arrests for drug possession and more over the last week.
- Malik Muhammed, 26, of New York City, was arrested June 2 for possession of more than 50 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on First Avenue. Officer Evan Vacchiano investigated the incident.
- Mynor Yat Call, 31, of Bridgewater, was arrested for driving while intoxicated June 4 following a motor vehicle stop on Johnson Drive. Officer Benjamin Griffin investigated the incident.
- Michael Falgiano, 40, of Somerset, was charged with shoplifting June 6 after being found with $135.98 worth of items from Batteries and Bulbs, on Orlando Drive. Falgiano fled the scene before police arrived, and his arrest is pending. Officer Bryan Benites investigated the incident.
- Alexander Ward, 23, of Bridgewater, was arrested June 7 on an outstanding warrant from the Harrison Municipal Court after police were dispatched to Petco for an unwanted person. Officer Evan Vacchiano investigated the incident.
- Marva Thomas, 34, of Vauxhall, was arrested for driving while intoxicated June 8 following a motor vehicle stop on the Somerville Traffic Circle. Officer Evan Vacchiano investigated the incident.