RARITAN, NJ - Two juveniles were charged June 30 with underage possession of alcohol after they were seen leaving a liquor store on West Somerset Street with alcohol, according to a report from Raritan Borough Police.
According to the report, at about 8:04 p.m., a 17-year-old Raritan juvenile and a 17-year-old North Plainfield juvenile were each charged with underage possession after an officer saw them exiting the Liquor Saver with alcohol.
In addition, police said, the Raritan juvenile was charged with hindering apprehension after providing a false name.
Sgt. Thomas Fisher investigated the incident.
Police made other arrests for drug possession, warrants and more.
- Alexis Algarin, 19, of South Plainfield, was charged June 20 at 1:05 a.m. with possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on East Somerset Street. Sgt. Everett Holt investigated the incident.
- Krista Wershonski, 34, of Anderson Street, was charged with driving while intoxicated after crashing into a parked vehicle on Anderson Street at about 4:49 a.m. June 24. An investigation revealed that Wershonski was traveling north on Anderson Street when she rear-ended a parked Nissan sedan, causing it to travel onto the sidewalk. Officer Robert Sinopoli investigated the incident.
- Emanuel Cotto, 28, of Plainfield, was charged June 24 at 10:47 p.m. with possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on East Somerset Street. Officer Nicholas DePiano investigated.
- Xavier Black, 21, of Manville, was arrested June 28 at 8:19 p.m. on an outstanding warrant from the Raritan Borough Municipal Court. Det. Steven Bonczek, who knew there was a warrant for Black's arrest, saw him walking on Nevius Street prior to arresting him.
- Jason Nicholson, 25, of Pennsylvania, was charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance July 1 at 11:41 p.m. following a motor vehicle stop on the Somerville Traffic Circle. Officer Damien Chromowsky investigated the incident.
- Michael Reim, 22, of South Plainfield, was charged July 2 at 8:14 p.m. with possession of drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on East Somerset Street. Officer Joseph Nepomuceno investigated the incident.
- On July 2 at about 5:34 p.m., Holt, Officer Andrew Ragati, Sinopoli and DePiano were dispatched to a home on Thompson Street for a 37-year-old male suffering from a heroin overdose. Prior to arriving, dispatchers were providing the caller with CPR instructions. On scene, officers administered two doses of Narcan and provided the victim with oxygen until he became conscious. The victim was taken to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Somerville for evaluation.
- Sheryl Brown, 55, of Branchburg, was charged July 3 at 2:04 p.m. with possession of drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on Route 206. Additional drug charges are pending, the report said. Ragati investigated the incident with help from Somerset County Sheriff's Officer David Daneker and his K9 Apex.
- Gina Forte, 44, of Bridgewater, was arrested July 6 at 12:36 a.m. for driving while intoxicated following a motor vehicle stop on West Somerset Street. Forte was also charged with refusing to submit breath samples. Officer Timothy DeBerry investigated the incident.