RARITAN, NJ - A Milford man was arrested July 28 on drug charges after police were dispatched to Quick Chek, in Raritan, to check on a man who had been in the bathroom for over an hour, according to a report from Raritan Borough Police.
Matthew Shrewsbury, 31, was arrested for possession of a hypodermic syringe and possession of drug paraphernalia (empty heroin folds) after police were dispatched for a welfare check.
According to police, when they arrived, Shrewsbury opened the door to the bathroom, and officers found a syringe and empty wax folds commonly used to store heroin on the ground.
Sgt. Thomas Fisher and Officer Evan Vacchiano investigated the incident.
Police made several arrests for drugs and more through the end of July and beginning of August.
- Anthony Camporeale and Alexander Orr, both 24 and of Flemington, were arrested July 28 for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled dangerous substance following a motor vehicle stop on West Somerset Street. Officer Benjamin Griffin investigated the incident.
- Desiree Fusella, 28, of Raritan, and Dino Cianflone, 34, of Bridgewater, were arrested Aug. 1 for possession of heroin and possession of a hypodermic syringe after police were called to the Quick Chek parking lot for a report of two people using heroin inside their vehicle. Fusella also had a warrant for her arrest out of the Union Township Municipal Court. Officer Kathleen Sausa and Sgt. James Raniere investigated the incident.
- Bernard Ramos, 37, of Raritan, was arrested for simple assault Aug. 4 after allegedly punching a woman numerous times at a Raritan residence. Ramos was lodged in the Somerset County Jail pending a detention hearing. Sgt. Everett Holt and Officer Andrew Ragati investigated the incident.
- Oscar Roman, 45, of Brooklyn, and Jaritza Velex, 26, of Brooklyn, were arrested Aug. 5 for possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after police were called to Route 202 for a disabled vehicle. Holt investigated the incident.
- Keaton Davis, 19, of Raritan, and Karon Tindal, 20, of Raritan, were arrested Aug. 5 for possession of a controlled dangerous substance after police conducted a property check on the Nevius Street Bridge. Raniere and Officer Robert Sinopoli investigated the incident.