BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A Newark man was arrested June 20 for allegedly shoplifting two pairs of sunglasses, worth almost $1,000, according to a report from Bridgewater Township Police.
Joshua Kelly, 27, was charged with shoplifting, after he was found with the sunglasses, worth a combined $945, from Sunglass Hut at the Bridgewater Commons Mall.
Kelly, police said, was also charged with possession of marijuana after he was found in possession of the drug.
In addition, Kelly was found to have outstanding warrants from Essex County Sheriff's Department, Edison Municipal Court, Millburn Municipal Court and Wayne Township Municipal Court.
Kelly was processed and taken to Somerset County Jail.
Police made other arrests for shoplifting and more at the end of June.
- Donna Carreker, 49, of Somerville, was arrested for shoplifting after being found with merchandise with a value of about $513 from Target at the Promenade Shopping Center. Carreker was also found to have an outstanding warrant from Hillsborough Municipal Court. She was released to the custody of Hillsborough Police on the warrant.
- Michele Bartolett, 58, of Bridgewater, was arrested June 25 at about 4:48 p.m. for driving while intoxicated following a motor vehicle crash on West End Avenue. She was issued summonses for driving while intoxicated and reckless driving. She was released pending a court appearance.
- Karl Velikonja, 18, of New York, was arrested June 26 at 11:27 p.m. for possession of a controlled dangerous substance after he was seen loitering in Frank Nap Torpey Park after hours. He was issued criminal complaints for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Velikonja was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- A resident of Riha Street reported June 26 at about 8:15 a.m. that there was a vehicle burglary in the overnight hours of June 25. The resident reported that $40 cash was missing.
- Alexa Marotta, 21, of Warren, was arrested June 27 for shoplifting merchandise with an approximate value of $5 from Saks Off 5th at the Chimney Rock Crossing. Marotta was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- Roberto Caytuiro, 50, and Diana Becerra-Ospina, 31, both of Elizabeth, were arrested June 30 at Lord & Taylor in the Bridgewater Commons Mall. Caytuiro was arrested for shoplifting merchandise with a value of about $355, and Becerra-Ospina was arrested for hindering apprehension. They were processed and released, pending court appearances.