RARITAN, NJ - A Raritan man was arrested Oct. 20for stealing a motor vehicle in town, according to Raritan Borough Police.
Jeremy Ramirez-Matos, 25, was charged with taking a motor vehicle without an owner's consent. According to police, he had stolen a motor vehicle from Raritan Oct. 17, and was found in possession of the vehicle on Oct. 20 at Kean University.
Ramirez-Matos was brought to the Somerset County Jail. Officer Damien Chromowsky and Det. Steven Bonczek investigated the incident.
Police made arrests for driving while intoxicated and more over the last week.
- Stephanie Kamen, 23, of Hillsborough, was arrested Oct. 14 for driving while intoxicated after a motor vehicle stop on Route 206. According to police, Kamen's blood alcohol content was three times the legal limit. Officer Joseph Nepomuceno investigated the incident.
- Pauline McKay, 53, of Raritan, was arrested for driving while intoxicated Oct. 15 following a motor vehicle stop on Route 206. Nepomuceno investigated the incident.
- Yun Kang, 62, of Cliffside Park, was arrested Oct. 15 for an active traffic warrant out of the Ridgefield Borough Municipal Court following a traffic stop on Route 202. Officer Christopher Gross investigated the incident.
- Jean Clement, 55, of Brooklyn, was charged Oct. 17 with unlawful lodging after he was observed by Officer Damien Chromowsky sleeping in the ATM vestibule at PNC Bank on West Somerset Street.
- Joshua Tryde, 28, of Piscataway, was arrested Oct. 18 on an active warrant out of the Raritan Borough Municipal Court. Detective Christopher Wren investigated the incident.
- Matthew Olavarria, 24, of Raritan, was arrested Oct. 18 on warrants from the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and Raritan Municipal Court, which were issued as a result of an aggravated assault investigation conducted last year by the Raritan Police Criminal Investigation Division. According to the report, police were conducting a property check of the Nevius Street Bridge when they recognized Olavarria and were aware he had a warrant for his arrest. Sgt Everett Holt investigated the incident.
- Calvin Sanchious, 47, of Raritan, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after police were dispatched to a home on East Somerset Street Oct. 19 for drug activity. At the scene, the report said, police found Sanchious, and a search of the residence yielded two pipes used to smoke crack cocaine. Holt investigated the incident.
- Jason Horton, 27, of Bridgewater, was arrested Oct. 21 for driving while intoxicated following a motor vehicle stop on Route 202. Sgt. Thomas Fisher investigated the incident.
- Anthony Fitzgerald, 23, of Millburn, was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and possession of cocaine following an incident at the Far Hills Steeplechase event Oct. 21. Officer Benjamin Griffin was assigned to work the event when he was dispatched to an area near the race track for a male threatening multiple people. When he approached Fitzgerald, Fitzgerald became confrontational. Fitzgerald was taken to Somerset County Jail.
- Nicolette Corigliano, 22, of Bound Brook, was arrested for driving while intoxicated Oct. 22 following a motor vehicle stop on Johnson Drive. Fisher investigated the incident.