RARITAN, NJ - A Raritan man was arrested April 26 for assault after he allegedly assaulted a male roommate at his residence, according to a report from Raritan Borough Police.
Ricardo Gonzalez, 45, was charged with assault and lodged in the Somerset County Jail pending a detention hearing.
Officer Christopher Hirsch investigated the incident.
Police made several other arrests for alcohol and more over the past week.
- Anthony Ortiz, 21, of Raritan, was arrested April 22 for obstruction after he attempted to evade a traffic stop that ended on Thompson Street. Ortiz was also issued several motor vehicle summonses. Officer Damien Chromowsky investigated the incident.
- Andrew Hoffman, 28, of Raritan, was arrested April 23 for driving while intoxicated after an officer observed him slumped over the steering wheel of his vehicle on East Somerset Street. In addition, Hoffman was charged with having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and failure to install an ignition interlock device, from a previous driving while intoxicated charge. Officer Andrew Ragati investigated the incident.
- Donny Kelton, 18, of Bridgewater, was arrested April 25 for possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on Route 202. Officer Christopher Wren investigated the incident.
- Alexander Crow, 30, of Hillsborough, was arrested April 27 for warrants out of the City of Newark and Somerset County Prosecutors Office after a motor vehicle stop on Orlando Drive. Officer Evan Vacchiano investigated the incident.
- Two 17-year-old Raritan juveniles were arrested April 28 for possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after police investigated a suspicious vehicle in the River Park Apartment Complex. Det. Everett Holt investigated the incident.