BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A Somerville woman was arrested for soliciting July 14 after police were called to 2nd Street on the report of a suspicious solicitor, according to a report from Bridgewater Township Police.
Ruth Archila, 46, was charged with soliciting without a permit, registration for solicitors required and hindering apprehension.
In addition, she was found to have warrants out of East Brunswick, Bordentown and Princeton Township.
Archila was processed and turned over to East Brunswick Police for their warrant.
Police made other arrests for driving while intoxicated and more in July.
- Ronald Barath, 56, of Branchburg, was arrested July 12 for driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for a motor vehicle violation on Route 22 West. He was issued motor vehicle summonses for driving while intoxicated, careless driving and failure to signal a turn. He was released pending a court appearance.
- An employee of UNIQLO, in the Bridgewater Commons Mall, reported July 13 that there was a theft of clothing valued at $598 from a display area.
- Larry Lormefuste, 22, of Raritan, was arrested July 18 for an outstanding warrant. He was taken to Somerset County Jail.
- An employee of Sunglass Hut, in the Bridgewater Commons Mall, reported July 19 that there was a theft of two pairs of sunglasses, valued at $514, from a display area.
- Andres Romero-Pazmino, 34, of Brooklyn, was arrested July 19 for shoplifting merchandise, valued at about $71, from Macy's at the Bridgewater Commons Mall. He was charged with shoplifting and possession of burglar's tools. He was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- According to a report, police were called to Cain Court at about 1 a.m. July 23 for a report of a disorderly person. Kursten Kramer, 29, of Bridgewater, was arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and hindering her own apprehension. She was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- Stephen Naylor, 18, of Spotswood, was arrested July 23 for possession of a controlled substance after being stopped for a motor vehicle violation on Route 22 East. He was issued summonses for failure to maintain a traffic lane, possession of CDS in a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and hindering his own apprehension. He was released pending a court appearance.
- An employee of the Raceway Gas Station, on Route 22 East, reported July 24 that someone had forcibly entered the building, stealing cash and merchandise.
- An employee of hte Sunoco Gas Station, on Country Club Road, reported July 25 that someone had forcibly entered the building, stealing cash and merchandise.