BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A South Bound Brook man was arrested for driving while intoxicated and drug possession following a motor vehicle stop on Promenade Boulevard July 11, according to a report from Bridgewater Township Police.
Edgar Casique-Marcos, 37, was arrested for driving while intoxicated, and, during the stop, suspected marijuana edibles were found inside the vehicle. He was charged with possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana, and issued summonses for reckless driving and operating a motor vehicle while in possession of a controlled dangerous substance.
He was processed and released pending a court appearance.
Police made other arrests for theft and more over the last week.
- A resident of Chimney Rock Road reported a burglary to her unlocked vehicle July 15. Items reported taken were an iPhone and cash.
- Alicia Morales Ruiz, 40, of New Brunswick, was arrested for shoplifting July 14 at 7:51 p.m. after being found with $246 worth of several shirts at Macy's, in the Bridgewater Commons Mall. She was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- A resident of Linden Street reported July 22 that someone smashed the driver side window of their vehicle that was parked in the driveway.
- Teresa L. Quinones, 38, of Somerset, was arrested for shoplifting July 19 at 6:40 p.m. after begin found with $41.25 worth of Nike clothing from Macy's at the Bridgewater Commons Mall. She was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- A Bridgewater resident reported July 17 at 11:30 p.m. that, while driving on Garretson Road near Country Club Road, someone threw a rock at her vehicle and damaged her windshield. According to the report, three juvenile males were seen running from the area.
- Anthony J. Coleman, 35, of North Plainfield, was stopped June 11 at 1:49 p.m. for motor vehicle violations on Route 22 West. He was arrested for driving while intoxicated, speeding and failure to maintain a lane. He was processed and released pending a municipal court appearance.