BRIDGEWATER, NJ - Three were arrested at the Bridgewater Commons Mall March 25 after Bridgewater Township Police were called to investigate a report of a theft of an iPad from Auntie Anne's, according to a report.
Jawan King, 23, of North Plainfield, Luquan Henderson, 24, of East Brunswick and Christina Muniz, 18, of Basking Ridge, were arrested in connection with the incident.
King was charged with theft of movable property, Henderson was charged with defiant trespassing and Muniz was charged with receiving stolen property.
Police said all three were processed and released pending a court appearance.
Police made other arrests for drugs and thefts at the end of March.
- Kyle Hughes, 20, of Middlesex, was arrested March 24 at 11:20 p.m. for possession of a controlled dangerous substance after he was seen loitering after hours in Washington Valley Park. Hughes was issued summonses and criminal complaints for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of CDS in a motor vehicle, possession of an open alcohol container in a motor vehicle and loitering in a park after hours. He was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- Casey Helms, 26, of Martinsville, and Joseph Derissio, 20, of Wayne, were arrested March 24 on several charges following a motor vehicle collision investigation on Route 202/206 South. Helms was arrested for being a wanted person from Middlesex County Sheriff's Office and for obstructing administration of law. Derissio was arrested for possession of a controlled dangerous substance (marijuana), possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing administration of law. Helms was released to the custody of the Middlesex County Sheriff's Department and Derissio was released pending a court appearance.
- Nora Birk, 56, of Bridgewater, was arrested March 25 for shoplifting about $104 worth of merchandise from Wegman's. Birk was charged with shoplifting and defiant trespassing. She was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- Jose Diaz, 28, of Princeton Junction, was arrested March 26 for shoplifting about $209 worth of merchandise from Wegman's. He was processed and released pending a court appearance.
- A Bergenfield resident reported that his vehicle had been burglarized March 28 at about 11 a.m. while it was parked at the Bridgewater Commons Mall. According to the report, someone entered the unlocked vehicle and stole his wallet, Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and a Garmin GPS unit.