BRIDGEWATER, NJ - Bridgewater Township is moving forward with road improvements throughout the township after approving a bond ordinance a few months ago, and approving several resolutions June 5 to hire contractors for upcoming work.
The township council approved a bond ordinance to appropriate $3,219,350 for road improvements through the town. Those improvements include:
- Road improvements on Meadow Road, Gilbride Avenue – Phase II, Prince Rodger’s Road, Country Club Road – Phase V, Commons Way – Phase II, Ascot Road, Gregory Avenue, Garretson Road – Section IV, Van Holten Road – Phase III, Papen Road, Tullo Farm Road and more road overlays.
- Road overlay with roads including Paterson Road.
- Sidewalk improvements including Country Club Road, Short Hills Road, Washington Valley Road, Red Lion Way and Pine Street.
- Various drainage improvements throughout the township.
The township council has also approved several contracts to complete road improvement and other work.
First, the council approved a grant application with the New Jersey Department of Transportation under the 2014 Safe Routes to Schools Program for sidewalk improvements on Pine Street.
The township has also issued contracts for sidewalk improvements and road work.
- One contract is awarded to A&A Curbing Inc. for the Ivy Lane – Tiffin Place Sidewalk Improvement Project, for $130,544.
- A contract was awarded to Top Line Construction Corp. for the Country Club Improvement Project, from Route 22 to Garretson Road, in the sum of $832,129.03.
- A contract was awarded to Reivax Contracting Corp. for the Vosseller Avenue Road Improvement Project, in the sum of $914,563.20.
- One contract for professional engineering and surveying is awarded for the Van Holten Road Improvement Project, Phase III, from Foxcroft to the school driveway to Carroll Engineering for $62,200.
- A contract was awarded for the Gregory Avenue Improvement Project, Phase I to Keller & Kirkpatrick Inc., for $53,200.
- A contract was awarded to Cha Constulting Inc. for professional engineering and surveying for the Meadow Road Improvement Project, from Church Road to Van Holten Road, for $70,700.
- A contract was awarded to Keller and Kirkpatrick Inc. for $63,600, for the North Bridge Street sidewalk improvement project.
- A contract was awarded to Carroll Engineering for $60,540 for the Papen Road Improvement Project, from Mine Road to Gateshead Drive.
- A contract was awarded to Maser Consulting, PA, for $39,945 for the Garretson Road Improvement Project, Section IV, from Country Club Road to Hill Lane.