BRIDGEWATER, NJ - Several Bridgewater organizations have been nominated to receive the 5th annual Salute to Tourism Award, sponsored by the Somerset County Business Partnership.
The awards honor employees and organizations throughout Somerset County in three categories: Economic Champion, Service Excellence and Tourism Champion. The program pays tribute to front line tourism staff and organizations that set the bar for the Somerset County Tourism industry.
Nominated in the Tourism Champion category is the Somerset County 4-H Fair, held at North Branch Park, in Bridgewater, every year. The fair draws thousands from around the county and beyond to celebrate the different 4-H organizations, including trains, animals and much more.
Also nominated in that category were:
- Tapastre Restaurant & Bar in Somerville
- Tour of Somerville Cycling Series
- Heritage Trail Association, Bridgewater
- Jacobus Vanderveer House & Museum, Bedminster
- Jenna Intersimone, Journalist, USA Today Network
- Somerset County Environmental Education Center, Basking Ridge
- Somerset Patriots, Bridgewater
In the Economic Champion category, for an individual or organization that has made a significant and direct impact on the Somerset County economy through visitor spend, job creation, or increased tax revenues, are:
- Flounder Brewing Co., in Hillsborough
- Franklin Day Festival, Franklin
- Natirar Resort Development LLC, Peapack-Gladstone
The Service Excellence Category is for a Somerset County tourism professional who has demonstrated outstanding customer service at a county tourism asset. Nominees include:
- Jill Cerchio, Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
- Fran Frederick, Homewood Suites Bridgewater/Branchburg
- Monica Juhasz, Somerset County Environmental Education Center, Basking Ridge
- Lisa Sepulveda, Branchburg Sports Complex, Branchburg
The Salute to Tourism Awards event will be held on Friday, Jan.19 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.at The Bernards Inn, 27 Mine Brook Road in Bernardsville. It will include the awards presentation and keynote luncheon with hospitality expert, writer, travel podcaster and consultant, Glenn Haussman. The awards selection committee comprises representatives from fellow New Jersey Destination Marketing Organizations.
Register for the Salute to Tourism online at bit.ly/salute2018.