BRIDGEWATER, NJ - Bridgewater Township has introduced its ordinance to set salaries and compensation for township administrators, and noted a continued 0 percent increase for the mayor and council members.
Township administrator James Naples said there is no increase in compensation for the mayor, council president, council and municipal judge.
“Everyone else is at a 2 percent increase, which was included in the budget,” he said.
Council vice president Howard Norgalis said it has been many years since the mayor and council saw an increase in compensation.
Public hearing for the ordinance was set for Sept. 5.
The salaries as introduced are:
- Mayor – $15,000
- Township Council President – $8,000
- Township Council – $7,000
- Township Clerk – $108,945.55
- Director of Administration – $168,857.25
- Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer – $133,712.43
- Tax Assessor – $126,349.06
- Director of Municipal Services/Township Engineer – $135,304.02
- Director of Human Services – $111,180
- Director of Law – Contract
- Municipal Judge – $57,412.39
- Court Clerk/Administrator – $76,157.76
- Prosecutor – By Contract
- Public Defender – $600 per session
- Chief of Police – $172,933.70