BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A number of additional changes and cancellations have been noted through Bridgewater and Raritan due to the threat of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Here is the most up-to-date list of municipal closures:
- Bridgewater Municipal Court has been canceled for the next three weeks. Court is scheduled to resume April 7.
- Effective immediately, Bridgewater Township has suspended all township-sponsored recreation events until March 30. All permits for the use of township fields and facilities are suspended until March 30 as well.
- The senior center, on Somerville Road, will be closing March 16, with plans to reopen March 30.
- The Somerset County Library system has canceled all events at all of its branches from March 16 through March 31. The libraries will be closed to the public from March 16 through March 22.
- The Raritan Public Library will be closed to the public from March 16 through March 27. Fines will be suspended during this time. Materials can be dropped off in the front drop box.
- Raritan Borough administrative offices will be closed March 16 through March 27. The Department of Public Works and police and fire departments will continue uninterrupted services. There will be an extended grace period for taxes, with payments being due June 1 without penalty. Municipal court payments can be made in the collection box outside borough hall or via mail. All borough public meetings and borough-sponsored activities are canceled through March 27.
- The Hall of Fame induction ceremony for the first honored class for Bridgewater-Raritan athletics has been postponed from March 28 to an as-yet-to-be-determined date.