BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A presumptive positive case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) has been identified in Bridgewater, and the test result is being sent to the CDC for confirmation.
According to a release from the township, the patient is a 25-year-old man who had close contact with a COVID-19 patient in Pennsylvania. He is currently in isolation.
"The Bridgewater Health Department is monitoring the patient and working with the state to identify any potential contacts for follow-up," Christine Madrid, director of human services, said in the release.
Guidelines for Bridgewater residents remain the same:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (within 6 feet).
- Wash hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
Anyone who is sick should:
- Stay home, and avoid close contact with other people.
- Cover sneezes or coughs with a tissue or sleeve.
- Call doctor if symptoms get worse.