TAPintoTravels - Whenever there is inclement weather, it pays to keep informed.
Today, (Wednesday - April 4), the FAA is reporting for New York’s LaGuardia, Philadelphia, and Newark Liberty airports the following:
- Due to WEATHER / LOW CEILINGS, departure traffic destined to Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR) is currently experiencing delays averaging 2 hours and 36 minutes.
- Due to WEATHER / LOW CEILINGS, departure traffic destined to La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 43 minutes.
- Due to WEATHER / LOW VISIBILITY, departure traffic destined to Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL) is currently experiencing delays averaging 20 minutes.
- Departures are experiencing taxi delays greater than 45 minutes and/or arrivals are experiencing airborne holding delays greater than 45 minutes.
- Departures are experiencing taxi delays of 16 to 45 minutes and/or arrivals are experiencing airborne holding delays of 16 to 45 minutes.
Most Airlines now offer APP, text, or email updates to flight delays. Make sure to sign up for them. That will be your fastest way to get notifications. Also, make sure to check whether your airline is offering any waivers.
To keep informed on the status of the airports, you should sign up for their automatic notifications. You can sign up for the area airports’ notifications at this link.
Always remember to be safe. It is more dangerous going to an airport in these conditions, than flying. We want you to keep traveling.
If you do it the old-fashioned way and check frequently for yourself, here are the links to major carriers: