Aug. 26 is National Dog Appreciation Day, and in conjunction with the observance, Milo's Kitchen dog treats conducted a survey of 3,000 U.S. dog parents about how our four-legged friends enrich our lives.
Do dog make our lives better? According to owners, the numbers are overwhelming.
* 86% of respondents say their dog “comforts me immeasurably”
* 71% say their dog “reminds me to seek out more joy in life”
* 64% say their dog “makes me look forward to going home more than anything else”
* 63% say their dog “makes me much more patient and responsible”
As a result, it's no surprise that 73% of dog parents buy their dog a special gift at least once per month. The study also uncovered 27 ways that dogs make a major positive impact in our everyday lives. Here are the top ten:
1. Stress relief
2. Staying active and fit
3. Lower blood pressure and cholesterol
4. Comforting us
5. Encouraging social interaction
6. Coping with depression
7. Teaching us about love
8. Health alert detection
10. Allergy deterrent