Guess what, it’s almost December! Your favorite restaurants are booking Holiday parties. Why not gather a group of friends and simply celebrate Getting Together?
Consider booking reservations for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. And, while you’re at it, do let me know if you’ve discovered a special place for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, catering, and even a bakery. I’ll be happy to report your findings to our readers. Please enjoy what’s left of the last week of this month. Best! Mkb
Book Your Holiday Party at La Griglia in Kenilworth or Water and Wine in Watchung
According to Chris Tocci of La Griglia in Kenilworth and Water and Wine in Watchung, “We still have some dates available for your Holiday party. We offer a variety of menu options and private areas to make your event a success. Call us to check availability and to customize your menu. La Griglia: 908.241.0031 or Water and Wine: 908.755.9344.
Holiday Schedule: Christmas Eve: 5 to 10 p.m.; New Year’s Eve: 5 to 11 p.m. Both restaurants will be serving their regular dinner menu.
* La Griglia, 740 Boulevard, Kenilworth. Call: 908.241.0031
* Water and Wine: 141 Stirling Road, Watchung: 908.755.9344
Call and schedule your holiday dinners . You will be more than pleased.
Gladstone Tavern Presents: Family Day and Toy Drive to Benefit the “Toys for Tots” Campaign
When: December 4th Time: 4 to 7 p.m.
Gladstone Tavern will open its doors to the community on Sunday, December 4th, for its 5th annual Holiday Family Day and Toy Drive.
Starting at 4 p.m., the Tavern will host a variety of family holiday treats. Please come and enjoy:
* Clydesdale carriage rides from local Willow Grove Farm.
Cost: $5 per person
* Local High School Choral Group will serenade the crowd with holiday carols including a visit from Santa Claus.
* Free hot cocoa and cookies on the front porch for all who attend.
* Guests are encouraged to bring unwrapped toy donations.
* They are also encouraged to make reservations as early as possible as this promises to be one of the Tavern's busiest Sundays of the year.
* The Tavern will be open Christmas Eve, and New Year's Eve. Come and enjoy a special late night Dinner Party featuring a live rock band which will also entertain on New Year’s Day. Gladstone Tavern, is located at 273 Main Street, Gladstone: Call for reservations and information: 908.234.9055.
Give the Gift of Gift Coins and Gift Cards from The Manor, Highlawn Pavilion, or Ram’s Head Inn
Take the guesswork out of finding the right gift for friends, family members, neighbors, or coworkers. Present each of them with a Manor Gift Coin. Available in $50, $75, and $100 denominations, these gift coins may be used at any of these restaurants: The Manor, Highlawn Pavilion, or Ram’s Head Inn. Please remember: Gift cards and Coins never expire. To order a gift that everyone will use, Call:(973) 731-2360.
* Coins will be delivered via certified mail, return receipt requested, at a cost of $8.00 (up to four coins per certified mail package - additional coins will incur an additional cost). USPS Express is also available for $20.00. Online orders will be processed daily. Orders received after 2:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
Gift Cards for The Manor may be purchased for any denomination up to $200. They may be purchased at the restaurant, over the phone, or online. Gift Card orders are processed during normal business hours. (Tuesday through Sunday)
Purchase Gift Cards
*Please note: A $6 mailing charge will be added. Costlier Denominations are available upon request. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery. Call: 973.325.1400 x190.
Celebrate with Liberty House or Stone House Gift Cards or Cocktail Classes
For every $100 Gift Card purchase for Liberty House or Stone House, receive a $20 Gift Card to enjoy for yourself. For more information: Call Liberty House: 201.395. 0300 or email@example.com; Stone House: 908.754.1222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Perfect Stocking Stuffer from Landmark Hospitality
Give the gift of Cocktail Classes: Cost: $34 for one class; $100 for four classes. Call: 866.3586 or email@example.com
NJ Restaurant Association Recognizes Local Restauranteurs
The New Jersey Restaurant Association will host it’s annual Gala by celebrating the State’s $13 billion restaurant and hospitality industry. The event will take place on Monday, November 28th at the Pleasantdale Chateau in West Orange. The 2011 Restaurant of the Year will be awarded to Mark Pascal and Francis Schott of Catherine Lombardi and Stage Left in New Brunswick. The 2011 Gold Plate Award will be given to Chef James and Nancy Laird of Restaurant Serenade in Chatham, as well as Jeanne Cretella of Liberty House in Jersey City, and Stone House at Stirling Ridge in Warren.
Cranford’s Riverside Inn has Reopened!
The Riverside Inn in Cranford suffered damage from Hurricane Irene. After months of renovation they have opened their doors. Please visit them. Riverside Inn, 56 North Ave., E. Cranford: Call: 908.709.9449
Enjoy Farm to Table Dishes at LuNello in Cedar Grove
Acclaimed Chef Louis Segar of LuNello Restaurant in Cedar Grove, prepares his meals with fresh local ingredients. His menu highlights the season’s finest crops which include: tomatoes, pumpkins, eggplant, and more. Call and ask about catering for private events. LuNello, 182, Stevens Ave., Cedar Grove: 973.837.1660.
Get On Millicent’s Menu: I want to hear from you. Send me your restaurant news, press releases, and all of your up and coming information. Should you stop at a great diner, bar, or sandwich shop, let us share your news with our readers. Email: Mkbrody@aol.com or Mkbrody@thealternativepress.com.
Enjoy your week!