Chatham Borough Health Officer reported that fifteen (15) residents have tested positive (November 20-24) for the COVID-19 virus for a total of 151 positive cases to-date. This week’s cases include residents whose ages range from 14 to 73. 2 residents are teenagers and 13 residents are twenty or above in age.
As we head into the colder weather and holiday season where indoor congregating is likely to increase, and as a result of the already increasing number of Covid-19 cases around the state, we are encouraging parents, teens, children and business owners to continue their responsible approach to slowing the spread of Covid-19 by:
- Following social distance guidelines (indoors and outdoors)
- Wearing masks whenever you are around other people. (Including children over two years of age)
- Washing hands often
- Disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
- Staying home if you don’t feel well
- Keeping the elderly and those with preexisting conditions distanced
Please continue to do your part for the sake of your family, friends and your community!
We will continue to share information on this and other cases when appropriate.
Released: November 27, 2020
Total Number of Positive Cases: 151
Age Range of Positive Cases: 4-95
Number Hospitalized: 8
Total Deaths: 9
Mean Age: 40
Median Age 39