Chatham was represented by 20 swimmers on the Madison YMCA's Mariners team that competed in the YMCA East Field Championship Swim Meet held last month in Princeton.
All swimmers needed to "qualify" for this meet in order to even compete. That means they needed to swim faster than "x" time in each event. That means this is a very fast meet with only your fastest swimmers from each of the 10 YMCA swim teams that competed.
Chatham Girls with Top 6 Finishes:
- Molly Newman (age 10) led the way with 5 Top 6 finishes: she placed 2nd in 50-yd freestyle, 2nd in the 100-yd backstroke, 3rd in the 100-yd freestyle, 4th in the 50-yd backstroke and 5th in the 100-yd IM.
- Sadie Clarke (10) placed 2nd in the 200-yd IM, 3rd in the 100-yd breaststroke, and 6th in the 100-yd freestyle.
- Kaley Snarr (15) placed 4th in the 500-yd freestyle.
Chatham Boys with Top 6 Finishes:
- Ryan Snarr (age 12) led the boys with 4 Top 6 finishes. Ryan placed 3rd in the 100-yd IM, 4th in the 50-yd freestyle, 4th in the 100-yd freestyle, as well as 6th in the 100-yd butterfly.
- Tirian Chang (age 9) placed 2nd in the 50-yd butterfly.
- Kyle Beebe (13) placed 3rd in the 100-yd backstroke, 5th in both the 100-yd butterfly and the 200-yd freestyle
- Atticus Chang (13) placed 3rd in the 400-yd IM and 6th in the 100-yd butterfly
- Brendan Fowler (17) placed 2nd in the 400-yd IM and 6th in the 200-yd butterfly
Rounding out the Mariners swim team were strong performances by the following Chatham athletes: Katie Caviness, Ransom Chang, Anya D'Costa, Will Foucher, Katelyn Hoffelder, Elena Latorre, Gianna Latorre, James Lord, Jule Schaefer, Riley Snarr, Ryan Sprague, and Chloe Thorn Lesson.