CHATHAM, NJ - At the Chatham BOE meeting on Monday the Chatham Education Foundation (CEF) announced grant awards to the School District of the Chathams (SDOC) totaling $14,714.82.
The most-recent administrator and teacher-initiated grants include:
• A grant to support a collaborative K-12 Chatham-wide school district art show through sustainable display panels that will showcase the scope and sequence of the progressive art curriculum and allow for inviting the community to join in experiencing the SDOC’s visual arts programming.
• A grant to support interactions between SDOC’s Washington Avenue elementary school third graders and students at the nearby ECLC of New Jersey, fostering friendship and kindness with individuals with special needs through reading, art projects and puzzles.
• A grant to support reading in basic skills classrooms through interactive activities and challenges.
• A grant to help elementary school-aged children better understand the causes of anxiety and provide them with both mental and physical solutions to help reduce the symptoms.
• Two grants to help students who learn better while moving maximize their potential.
CEF is a not-for- profit organization that supports excellence in education through parent and community donations. The Chatham Education Foundation has awarded over $1 million in grants to the School District of the Chathams since inception and just under $44,000 this school year.
CEF grants are designed to enrich the learning experiences of the 4,200 plus students in SDOC’s six public schools. If you would like additional information about the Chatham Education Foundation or would like to make a donation please visit their website at http://www.chathamedfoundation.org.