LIBRARY TAKEOUT: GOOD TO GO!
Menu: Only items currently on the shelves in our library. Borrowing from other libraries is not available at this time.
1. To place an order, provide your name, library card number, and contact information. You may place requests for specific titles or a broad category such as by author, genre, or age group. Place your order by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 973-635-0603.
2. Library staff will assemble and label your order with your library card number and your first name/last initial. Items will be checked out to your card number before you pick up your order. You will be contacted when your order is ready to pick up.
3. Pick-up Procedure: To pick up your takeout order, simply enter the library on the ramp side (park entrance at the rear of the building). The door will be open. For your safety, enter only when the foyer is empty, one person at a time. Pick up is available this week between 10:00 am and 6 pm; starting June 22, Monday-Thursday 10-8, Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-4. Your order will be available on a cart inside the rear entrance foyer. Just walk in, collect your order, and exit. The library is not open to the public at this time. Remember to continue to practice physical distancing and to wear a facemask near others. Do not come to collect items if you are feeling unwell or are having respiratory symptoms.
4. Return Items: Items will be fine-free through July 31, 2020. You may return library materials to the library’s book drops. Books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. We are not able to accept donations of materials at this time.
5. In an effort to deal with the backlog of existing holds, and to make sure patrons only get the items they want, we are suggesting that everyone look at their account and remove any holds they no longer need. This will make things move more quickly for you when staff is back in the library to start Library Takeout.
Need a card?
If you do not currently have a library card and you live, work or go to school in Chatham, you can get a six-month card now by sending an email to email@example.com. Include your name, street address, email for the account, and telephone number.
We miss you and hope you are well!