CHATHAM, NJ - Chatham residents earned dean's list recognition this past fall semester at various colleges and universities.
The dean's ist at University of Delaware includes 15 students from Chatham: Courtney Aul, Christopher Bredahl, Daniel Bresnahan, Jenna Cecere, Rebecca Fabian, Dominick Guida, Alexandra Lappin, Grace Malanga, Kelly Moore, Colleen Mulvaney, Brigette Palombo, Catherine Ritchie, Jennifer Slamm, William Taylor and Theodore Walker.
- Anthony J. Torrioni of Chatham was named to the dean's list at Villanova University for the fall semester.
- Jason Alexis of Chatham was named to the University of Rhode Island's Fall 2016 Dean's List. To qualify for the dean's list, students must have completed 12 or more credits during a semester for letter grades with at least a 3.30 quality point average.
- Bucknell University has released the dean's list for outstanding academic achievement during the fall semester of the 2016-17 academic year. A student must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0 to receive dean's list recognition. Chatham students to make the dean's list at Bucknell are: Robert Coe, class of 2017; Maria Garavente, class of 2020; Jillian Gosling, class of 2019; Kristin McDermott, class of 2020; Robert Rhoads, class of 2019; Elizabeth Suczewski, class of 2017, and Grace Whitman, class of 2018.
- York College of Pennsylvania announced its dean list students, including Chatham residents: Sarah Fabian, a senior Early Elementary/Special Education major, and Ryan Hennigan, a sophomore Hospitality Management major. To be eligible for this honor, a student must be registered for at least 12 academic credit hours and earn a semester GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Students at Lehigh University attained Dean's List in Fall 2016. This status is granted to students who earned a scholastic average of 3.6 or better while carrying at least 12 hours of regularly graded courses. The Chatham students included: Elizabeth Bredahl, Madeline Sands, William Shi, Brian Oliver, Jason Pitonyak, Zachary St. Romain and Emily Walczyk.
- Chatham native Anastasia Arvanites, a exploratory student at Ithaca College, was inducted into the Oracle Honor Society. Founded in 1928, the Oracle Honor Society is a historic Ithaca College honor society that recognizes academic excellence. New students who achieve a GPA within the top 10 percent of students in their academic school after completing two full semesters at the college are invited to accept membership into the society.
- Wheaton College student Deborah Vandervort of Chatham was named to the dean's list for the fall 2016 semester. To earn dean's list honors at Wheaton, an undergraduate student must carry 12 or more credit hours and achieve a 3.5 grade point average or higher on the 4.0 scale.
- Meghan R. Enslow of Chatham were named to the dean's list at Colby College in Waterville, Maine, for outstanding academic achievement during the fall semester of the 2016-17 year. Enslow is one of 521 Colby students -- or 27 percent of the student body -- to qualify for the dean's list this semester. Enslow earned a semester grade point average of 3.75 or higher this spring to be included on Colby's highly selective Dean's List.
- Chatham resident Erin Marie Winans has been named to the dean's list at James Madison University for the fall 2016 semester. Students who earn dean's list honors must carry at least 12 graded credit hours and earn a GPA of between 3.5 and 3.899. Winans is scheduled to graduate in 2018 and is majoring in English.
- The following students from Chatham have been named to the dean's list at the University of Vermont: Emma Cronin, Emilie Ferguson and Samantha Guider. To be named to the dean's list, students must have a grade-point average of 3.0 or better and rank in the top 20 percent of their class.
- Brian Leonard of Chatham was recently named to the Castleton University Dean's List for the fall semester of the 2016-17 academic year. To qualify for this academic honor, the student must maintain full-time status and a semester grade point average of 3.5.
- Chatham residents were among the more than 1,500 students named to The University of Scranton's Dean's List for the 2016 fall semester. The Dean's List recognizes students for academic excellence. A student must have a grade point average of 3.5 or better with a minimum number of credit hours during the fall semester to make the Dean's List. The Chatham students are: Justin Engel, a senior computer science major in the University's College of Arts and Sciences; Meghan Moran, a junior human resources studies major in the University's Panuska College of Professional Studies, and Christina Pallitto, a junior accounting major in the University's Kania School of Management.
- Claire O'Connor, a resident of Chatham, has been named to the Fall 2016 Dean's List at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I. Full-time students who complete 12 or more credits per semester and earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher are placed on the dean's list that semester.
- Miami University of Ohio students who achieved a 3.5 or better grade point average for first semester 2016-2017 have been named to the dean's list recognizing academic performance. Chatham students named to the dean's list at Miami University include; Meghan LeMon, Megan Guenther, Tristan LeMon and Kendall Davies.
- Chatham resident Anthony Lofredo earned a spot on the University of Dayton's fall 2016 dean's list, which honors undergraduate students achieving a minimum 3.5 GPA for the semester.