September 20, 2017– September central bank meeting results in keeping rates unchanged and providing details and start date of the unwinding of Fed balance sheet.
“The announcement was pretty much as expected. Providing details of the specific amounts of asset sales was important. The transparency of this Fed and creating a “no surprises” environment gives market participants confidence in them. No surprises and a clear path forward are good for our capital markets” – Dan Moskowitz, President - Chatham Wealth Management
Key Points from Fed’s policy meeting
- Fed still on track to raise rates at December meeting
- Still on track for three rate increases in 2018
- Asset sales will begin in October (10 billion per month – $6 billion Treasuries and $4 billion Agencies)
- Inflation remains in check – If it remains soft the Fed will not raise rates as quickly
- Fed Chair Yellen avoided questions regarding serving beyond her term that ends in February 2018
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Dan Moskowitz, CFP at (800) 472-
8086 or email at Info@ChathamWealth.com. Chatham Wealth Management is a SEC registered investment advisor serving high net worth individuals, retirement plans and trusts.
CWM is a service focused firm that strives to be your local trusted resource on all of your financial needs. We do not sell any products and have a fiduciary responsibility to put our client’s interests ahead of our own. We are happy to give unbiased advice on all financial matters
Our expert portfolios managers and Certified Financial Planners who average more than 25 years of experience will build you a truly customized investment portfolio based on the comprehensive financial plan we design to meet all of your goals.