BLOOMFIELD, NJ - The 'Jersey Freshcipes' contest is the hottest thing in the kitchen this summer. TAPinto caught up with contest winner Melissa Raho of Behind the Plates.who served up Grilled Jersey Corn with Garlic Chili Butter and Lime.
Corn is at its peak in the Garden State from around the Fourth of July through Labor Day making it the perfect 'must serve' for a Jersey Fresh barbecue. Raho says the recipe is "quick and easy and will spice up any backyard BBQ."
"As a Jersey girl who cooks with New Jersey produce all the time, this was an exciting recipe for me to share!" she told us."I'm so happy Jersey Fresh chose it as one of their recipe contest finalists. My fingers are crossed that it can beat out all the other delicious Jersey produce recipes for the grand prize!"
¼ tsp garlic, minced
¼ tsp chili powder
3 tbsp butter
4 ears of corn
For the butter::
- Let butter stand at room temperature until soft (not melted-it should still be solid)
- Using a spoon mix in the garlic and chili powder
- Form the butter into a ball and put back in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes
For the corn:
- Heat grill and place the corn with its husks on the grill racks. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning every 2 or 3 minutes to cook evenly. You'll know its done when the corn deepens in color and starts to slightly char
- Rub down the corn with the garlic chili butter and squeeze a slice of a lime over each piece
- Now you're ready to serve!
Optional Step - Remove the silks and inner husk leaves. Pull back the larger leaves from the corn. Using 2 of the back leaves tie the remaining husk together into a bow before grilling. If you prefer to remove the entire husk you can also do so.
Recipe submitted by Melissa Raho of Behind the Plates.
To learn more about Jersey Fresh, visit www.jerseyfresh.nj.gov or follow @JerseyFreshNJDA on Instagram.