When the police officers arrived on the scene all 6 occupants of the house were already evacuated.  The Fire Chief used a meter to measure the amount of carbon monoxide in the air and found that the levels were very high in the basement/garage area. The gas to the home was shut off and PSE&G was notified to respond. Firefighters opened the doors to the garage to ventilate the residence and discovered a charcoal grill in the garage. The homeowner stated that he used the grill the previous evening and stored the grill in the garage after the fire was out. The grill was removed and the home was ventilated. PSE&G arrived on the scene and determined that all of the gas appliances were operating properly and the gas was turned back on to the house. The Chatham Emergency Squad transported all 6 residents to Overlook Hospital for minor carbon monoxide poisoning.