Press Releases

More Information on Center Avenue Incident

When the police officers arrived on the scene all 6 occupants of the house were already evacuated.  The Fire Chief used a meter to measure the amount of carbon monoxide in the air and found that the levels were very high in the basement/garage area. The gas to the home was shut off and PSE&G was notified to respond. Firefighters opened the doors to the garage to ventilate the residence and discovered a charcoal grill in the garage. The homeowner stated that he used the grill the previous evening and stored the grill in the garage after the fire was out. The grill was removed and the home was ventilated. PSE&G arrived on the scene and determined that all of the gas appliances were operating properly and the gas was turned back on to the house. The Chatham Emergency Squad transported all 6 residents to Overlook Hospital for minor carbon monoxide poisoning.

TAP Into Another Town's News:

You May Also Be Interested In

Sign Up for E-News

Chatham

A Week at the Library of The Chathams Monday, June 4 – Sunday, June 10, 2018

PROGRAMS AND EVENTS

The highlight of this week is the program on Saturday, June 9, about an unusual chapter in Chatham’s history, Madame Bey’s boxing camp, which was home to some of the most famous boxers in the first half of the 20th century.  The program will be held during the Fishawack Festival – see Saturday listing for details

For information about all programs ...

Angie's Owners Want to Thank Their Chatham Customers

June 14, 2018

To the Editor:

We want to thank our customers and the entire community for their support and devotion to our business. Our last day of business will be July 31.

rWe will miss all the friends that we have developed over the past 26 years. Wishing everyone much success and happiness in the future.

Sincerely,

Louiza and Jimmy Poulimenos

P.S. "Until we meet ...

AtlantiCast

AtlantiCast: Episode 16

Summer is in the air, and the latest episode of AtlantiCast is ready to help you enjoy some fun outdoors while staying safe! This week’s episode opens with tips for sunscreen usage from Atlantic Health System’s Chief Medical and Academic Officer, Dr. Jan Schwarz-Miller. You’ll also learn about how Atlantic Health System is advancing the future of health care through ...

Chatham Residents Among Kent Place School Graduates at 124th Commencement

June 15, 2018

SUMMIT, NJ - Chatham residents Emma Verpoucke and Eriin Cronin were among the 67 Kent Place School graduates at the 124th Commencement held Sunday, June 3.