Founded in 2008, TheAlternativePress.com is a continuing community resource that provides "high quality, objective, nonpartisan, hyper local news and information to communities throughout our state.”
The launching of the TheAlternativePress.com Best-of-the-Best Reader’s Choice Award recognizes the art of dining out. Be it a fine dining restaurant, diner, pizza parlor, or a local pub, the readers of On Millicent’s Menu and Monday With Millicent took the time to rate their favorite places to eat.
We cordially invite our dining public to visit these specially touted New Jersey “Favorites.” When you do so, please let the proprietor know that you read about them on TheAlternativePress.com.
Let’s do our best to honor our 2011 restaurant winners. Regardless of the occasion, and even if there is no occasion, please call any one of the restaurants on the list and make reservations.
And remember, be sure to let the owners know you’ve read about their successful establishment on TheAlternativePress.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Millicent K. Brody
* A Toute Heure, 232 Centennial Ave., Cranford: 908.276.6600
* Baumgart’s Cafe, 45 E. Palisade Ave., Englewood: 201.569.6267; 158 Franklin Ave., Ridgewood: 201.612.5688 and other locations
* The Bernard's Inn, 27 Mine Brook Road, Bernardsville: 908.766.0002
* Figaro 3 and Cafe Figaro and Pizza, 403 King George Road, Basking Ridge: 908.903.1111
* Fornos of Spain, 47 Ferry Street, Newark: 973.589.4767
* Girasole Ristorante, 502 W. Union Ave., Bound Brook: 732.469.1080
* Gladstone Tavern, 273 Main Street, Gladstone: 908.234.9055
* Hat City Kitchen, 459 Valley Street, Orange: 862.252.9147
* Il Mondo Vecchio, 72 Main Street, Madison: 973.301.0024
* La Griglia, seafood grill and wine bar, 740 Boulevard, Kenilworth: 908.241.0031
* Limani Seafood Grill, 235 North Avenue W., Westfield: 908.233.0052
* Lox, Stock & Deli, 244 Ryders Lane, Milltown: 732.828.3332
* Luciano’s Italian Ristorante, 1579 Main Street, Rahway: 732.815.1200
* LouCas, Colonial Village Shopping Center, 9 Lincoln Highway, Edison: 732.549.8580
* Nicholas, 160 Route 35 S., Middletown: 732.345.9977
* Raymonds, 28 Church Street, Montclair: 973.744.9263
* Ritz Diner, 72 E. Mount Pleasant Ave., Livingston: 973.533.1213
* Serenade, 6 Roosevelt Ave., Chatham: 973.701.0303
* Steve and Cookies By the Bay, 9700 Amherst Ave., Margate: 609.823.1163
* University Diner, 580 North Ave., Union: 908.354.3110
* Water and Wine, 141 Stirling Road, Warren: 908.755.9344
* Xocolatz, 235 Elmer Street, Westfield: 908.232.3962
Each of our winning dining establishments can look forward to a recognition certificate, plus a featured story to appear ON MILLICENT’S MENU for TheAlternativePress.com
Congratulations and Best Wishes to ALL!!!
Millicent K. Brody is an award-winning writer and photographer and a resident of Westfield, New Jersey. Contact her at Mkbrody@aol.com
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.