The dangers of air pollution are commonly known, but did you realize these risks may also exist inside your house? The air you breathe within the perceived comfort and safety of your home could be teeming with unseen pollutants that compromise your family's health. An indoor air quality test can identify these sources of pollution so you can eliminate them and breathe safely.
Contaminated air is produced from many sources, including:
- Carbon monoxide. Produced during combustion, you cannot detect the colorless and odorless presence of dangerous carbon monoxide gas without CO detectors installed in your home.
- Radon. Occurring naturally in soil, radon gas can permeate cracks in your home and dissipate into your inside air. Radon is not something to dismiss, as it's the second highest cause of lung cancer.
- Solvents, paint and glue. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are vapors released from many household sources, even your printer. An indoor air quality test will let you know where these harmful vapors are coming from.
- Rodent urine and droppings. One of the dirty consequences of the presence of rodents in your home, basement or crawl space is the "deposits" they make. Urine and fecal matter release vapors, which can make you sick when you breathe them in.
3. Fungi and Bacteria
- Mold and mildew. High humidity levels in your home contribute to mold and mildew growth. Your A/C and a dehumidifier working in tandem can correct this problem.
- Cold and flu germs. At an optimal humidity level of 30 to 50 percent, cold and flu germs are kept to a minimum.
- Pollen. Replacing air filters or upgrading your filtration system can go a long way toward relieving breathing problems associated with pollen.
- Pet dander. Although Fido and Fluffy are valued members of your household, their dander can exacerbate allergic reactions. The professionals at Pipe Works Services, Inc. can perform an indoor air quality test for your New Jersey home to address these and other contaminants. Call us today to schedule your test so we can help increase your family's comfort.
Pipe Works Services gives advice on ways to make your home healthier and energy efficient.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.