While we all start to grow weary from 6-plus weeks at home, now is a great time to add some freshness to your kids' space by sprucing up (or creating) their playroom.
Having an area that is fun, easy to clean up and aesthetically pleasing can help make it a favorite room for the whole family to spend time in.
Here are some design tips for creating a simple, functional and beautiful playroom:
- Have a staple toy storage like a cubby unit that has fun, colorful baskets. This will allow you to keep the toys neat and organized.
- Use a separate storage area for arts & crafts. Keep it near the kids table and chairs for easy access.
- Add some colorful artwork (maybe even the kid's artwork!) to the walls and consider a chalkboard wall-it's a very easy addition!
- Short on space? Not to worry. Playrooms can be multi functional–for example, they can have a sofa bed for guests.
- And last but not least, always have kid books on hand. Reading is essential!
About Megan Pisano Design:
Megan Pisano Design is an interior design company based in Chatham, NJ. After a decade working in design in Manhattan, Megan started her business 1 1/2 years ago. She loves helping local families with everything from full-house design planning to single-room color schemes.
Megan works closely with her clients to understand what they are looking for and creates a beautiful space that they will enjoy! She gives the space a clean, minimalistic look with textures and finishes that add interest.
Please visit Megan’s website for more projects: meganpisanodesign.com.
She can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions!
Megan Pisano Design | Interior Design
Photographs By: It Had To B You Photography
Are you interested in featuring your Chatham Small Business on TAPinto Chatham's Small Business Spotlight? Email a blurb about your business and a few pictures to email@example.com