Sunday, October 20: The Chatham Recreation Cross Country Program participated in the Lakeland Invitational this past weekend at Greystone Park in Morris Plains. The Lakeland Junior Track & Field League consists of 18 towns with over 800 runners. Chatham had a fabulous showing in both team and individual results:
- Chatham Boys Team 13-15 year-olds placed 2nd (Scoring were: Aidan Maurer, Aidan McEvoy, JJ Horan, Ryan O’Day, and Hunter Albert).
- Chatham Boys Team 11-12 year-olds placed 2nd (Scoring were: Gaspard Marion, Colin Fitt, AJ George, Dylan DeCicco and Conall Curry).
- Chatham Girls Team 11-12 year-olds placed 2nd (Scoring were: Mia Semioli, Riley Cross, Fiona O’Donnell, Maisie O’Donnell and Aubrey Conlon).
- Mia Semioli (12) placing 1st overall with an average time of 6:08.1/mile and Riley Cross (12) placing 7th with an average time of 6:59.6/mile in 11/12 girls.
- Julianna Falzanaro (9) finished 3rd overall with an average time of 6:34.2/mile in 9/10 girls.
- Sara Metviner (8) placing 5th overall with an average time of 7:25.9/mile and Morgan Leung (8) placing 7th with an average time of 7:45.2/mile in 6-8 girls.
- Jack Cross (8) finished 2nd overall with an average time of 6:19.3/mile in 6-8 boys.
Missing from Sunday’s race was Chatham racer, Joe Barrett (12) who finished in the Top 5 in three regular-season meets with sub-6-minute/miles. (Joe finished 1st overall in the 9/29 meet.)
Several Chatham runners will be competing in the upcoming Junior Olympic and League Championship Meets. If qualified, they could reach Nationals in mid-November.
The Chatham Cross Country Program has over 150 athletes. They practice twice a week with meets on Sundays. Chatham has been equally as successful with the Spring Track program. Sign-ups for Chatham Track will be available through the Chatham Recreation Department in January 2020. For more information on both Chatham Cross Country or Chatham Track & Field, please contact Dana Metviner at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Proscia at email@example.com.