NEW YORK - Lauren Clark ran a personal-best time of 8.88 to place second in the 55-meter hurdles for Chatham at the Pietrewicz Polar Bear Invitational girls winter track & field meet held Monday in the New York Armory.
Chatham's 4x400 team of Sarah Petitjean, Karen Cashel, Katie Caracciolo, and Jess Vespasiano ran their season-best and finished in 5th place with a time of 4:23.52.
The Cougar 4x200 team of Maya Lee, Sophia Lally, Melina Panagakos, and Jess Vespasiano sliced three seconds off their best time to finish in 9th place with a time of 1:50.92
Chatham girls highlights:
- The girls shuttle hurdle team that consists of, Elyse Panagakos, Lauren Clark, Melina Panagakos, & Katie O'Neill finished in 6th place with a season best of 36.06.
- Lauren Clark qualified for the finals of the 55m hurdles with a PR time of 8.99. During the finals she crushed her PR running 8.88 seconds and finishing in 2nd place!
- Sophia Lally qualified for the finals of the 55m dash running 7.66 seconds. In the finals she clocked in at 7.64 seconds.
- Karen Cashel ran a PR time in the 300m run finishing in 47.48 seconds.
- The girls 4x200 team dropped 3 seconds off their previous seed time which had been a 1:53.38. The team of, Maya Lee, Sophia Lally, Melina Panagakos, & Jess Vespasiano finished in 9th place with 1:50.92
- The girls 4x400 team made up of Sarah Petitjean, Karen Cashel, Katie Caracciolo, & Jess Vespasiano ran their season-best and finished in 5th place with a time of 4:23.52
- Cat Madden came in 9th in the shot put throwing her season-best of 30-00 feet.