Arthur L. Johnson’s spectacular adaptation of "Dracula," directed by Peter Nevargic, was recently recognized by Montclair State University’s Theatre Program. The show garnered the following eight top nominations:
- The Peter Filichia Award for Pushing the Envelope in Academic Theatre, Mr. Peter Nevargic, Arthur L. Johnson English Teacher and Theatre Director with nomination
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Drama, Anthony Whitman with nomination
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Drama, Madison Law with nomination
- Outstanding Production of a Drama
- Outstanding Overall Production of a High School Play
- Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Design
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design
- Outstanding Achievement in Stage Combat
Montclair’s Theatre Night Awards recognize excellence in the production of high school and middle school plays throughout New Jersey. Their goal is to promote and advance the commitment to high quality productions in New Jersey’s secondary schools.
The awards honor the accomplishments of individual achievement of both students and educators in the areas of performance, direction, design, and technical theatre, as well as outstanding productions in the following genres: Drama, Comedy, Classical, and New Work.
Over seventy middle schools and high schools submit an application for evaluation and participate in Theatre Night Awards. Schools submit DVDs of their productions for evaluation by panels of Montclair State University graduate students, undergraduate theatre majors and professors as well as industry professionals.
The nominees and recipients of the Theatre Night Awards are selected through a rigorous, multi-stage adjudication process.
TAPintoClark.net is Clark’s official electronic news source and the only free daily paper.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.