CLARK, NJ – During its meeting Monday night, the Clark Township council passed resolutions awarding the following contracts:
- Contract to S. Brothers, Inc. for the 2015 Capital Road Improvement Program in the amount of $688,180.10. Township roads slated for repair are: Park Ridge Drive, Ascot Way, Malvern Drive, Oleander Way, Runnymede Road and Fisher Place.
- Contract to Mid-Atlantic Truck Centre, Inc. for the purchase of a single axle dump truck in the amount of $117,516.00. The truck will be used by the Department of Public Works.
- Contract to Schaefer Pyrotechnics, Inc. for the July 4 fireworks display in the amount of $15,000.
The council also passed a resolution authorizing the police department to obtain equipment from the Law Enforcement Support Office of the Federal Government Surplus Property Program. Equipment obtained through the program will enhance the department’s emergency response capabilities.
An ordinance was introduced that will change yield intersections to stop intersections on Park Ridge Drive, Malvern Drive, Oleander Way, Runnymede Road and Fisher Place. These are roads that were approved for repair as part of the capital road improvement program.
“When we reviewed the street signs, they were yield signs. Our traffic department has indicated that these deserve to be stop street signs, so we are changing them,” Business Administrator John Laezza said. “The citizenship should be aware that the new stop street signs will be going up where these yields exist.”
A public hearing on the ordinance will be held during the township council meeting on June 15, 2015.
In other business, the council passed resolutions:
- endorsing the submission of the recycling tonnage grant application
- authorizing voluntary contributions to Roth IRAs by township employees
- authorizing refunds of overpayments of sewer fees ($584.87) and balance adjustments of sewer fees ($7,913.42)
- authorizing refund ($6,538.99) and transfer ($978.75) of tax overpayments