CLARK, NJ - On Wednesday June 21 the Clark Fire Department responded to a call at Shoprite on Central Avenue at approximately 5:30 p.m.   According to Fire Chief Frank Cerasa, there were reports of  smoke conditions and fire inside the store.  

"Upon arrival we discovered an electrical fire under a cash register in the front of the store. The fire was extinguished that included wiring and papers," said Cerasa.  

Cerasa indicated the store was evacuated for about 30 minutes because of the smoke conditions.  Once the store was deemed safe, everyone was allowed back in the store.  There were no injuries.