UNION COUNTY – Now that warmer weather is finally here, road crews will be out in force throughout Union County to repair the many potholes that cropped up this winter.  County roads are identified by their blue route signs, which include the letters “CR” followed by a three-digit number.
To report a pothole or any other issue with a County road, use an online form available through the Union County Department of Public Works and Facilities Management at ucnj.org. Persons without Internet access can report potholes by calling 908-789-3660.
“This has been an especially difficult winter, and we want to get our roads back in shape as quickly as possible,” said Freeholder Chairman Mohamed Jalloh. “As you drive, please be mindful that crews will be working in the roadways.”
In Clark, motorists should report large potholes on municipal roads to the Clark Department of Public Works by calling 732-428-8402 or emailing dpw@ourclark.com.  

For municipal roads outside of Clark, contact the municipality in which the road is located. Website links for all 21 Union County municipalities are available through the County website.
For potholes on state highways, call the NJ Department of Transportation at 1-800-POTHOLE or use the online form at nj.gov/transportation.
To plan your commute around major road projects that may disrupt traffic patterns in Union County, visit the “Road Construction Update” page at ucnj.org/traffic. For all mass transit information, visit Union County ConneXions at ucnj.org/connect.