UNION COUNTY, NJ - A composite sketch of a man wanted for questioning in connection to multiple luring attempts in Roselle and Kenilworth over the last week was released by the Union County Prosecutor’s Office on Wednesday. Officials are asking for the public’s help in identifying and locating him.
In three Roselle incidents, girls between the ages of 12 and 16 reported that an unknown man asked them if they wanted a ride or physically grabbed them on the street, police said. None of the girls were injured and each escaped while the man drove away.
The incidents occurred between the hours of 7:30 to 9 a.m. or 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. near the Abraham Clark High School and Leonard V. Moore Middle School in Roselle, according to a UCPO statement.
In Kenilworth, a 15-year-old girl said she was approached by an unknown man at approximately 2:15 p.m. on Wednesday, September 21 in the area of Monroe Avenue and North 16th Street, the statement said.
In Linden, two 10-year-old girls reported an unknown vehicle following them near School No. 2 on South Wood Avenue at approximately 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27, officials said.
The Prosecutor’s Office’s Special Victims Unit and the Kenilworth, Linden, and Roselle police departments are investigating the incidents.
Anyone with information about any of these matters is being urged to contact Union County Prosecutor’s Office Sgt. Timothy Durkin at 973-698-9529, Roselle Police Department Detective Carmen Olivera at 908-245-9200, Kenilworth Police Department Sgt. James Grady at 908-276-5001, or Linden Police Department Lt. Airan Fernandez at 908-474-8412.