CLARK, NJ – The Clark Board of Education unanimously adopted the 2015 – 2016 school year budget at the recent board meeting. The operating budget for the next school year is $33,097,280. This figure represents a less than one percent increase over the current year’s budget. Five schools and 2,355 students ranging from preschool to grade 12 are supported by this financial plan.
As part of the presentation Interim Superintendent Ed Grande thanked all of the people dedicated to developing the budget and highlighted some of the programs and initiatives that will be supported by it.
- Full-day Kindergarten programs will continue in the district
- Elementary schools will have rigorous language arts and mathematics programs in addition to maintaining current class sizes
- Professional Development opportunities
- Funds to aid curriculum changes and materials needed to support Common Core standards
- PARCC Enrichment Classes and Board of Education sponsored field trips
- Purchase of technological platforms to support district operations
- Acquisition of additional Apple equipment
- Tools to evaluate teachers and principals in support of the State’s Achieve NJ Initiative