CLARK, NJ - The Clark Fire Department responded to a call about carbon monoxide alerts at ULTA beauty in the Clark Commons Shopping Center just before noon on Wednesday according to Chief Frank Cerasa.

He said carbon monoxide detectors in the store were sounding upon arrival and readings for the noxious gas were detected in ULTA, Torrid and Red Mango.  The Clark FD crew cleared and ventilated all the stores while Elizabethtown Gas teams were checking and working on heating units on the roof. 

Stores were evacuated for three hours according to Cerasa before employees were permitted to return to the premises, without injury.

Sign Up for Clark Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

This is the second call the Clark FD responded to at  ULTA in less than a year.  Employees reported a fire in the store in March of 2019.

________

Want notifications of breaking news in Clark?  Sign up for enews  to get the news when it happens!