CLARK, NJ - The Arthur L. Johnson High School Crusader Athletic Booster Club held their first meeting of the year on Wednesday September 6. The meeting brought together coaches, parents, players and a motivational speaker.
The evening was opened by Booster Club President and Board of Education member Scott Bohm. He explained the importance of the role of the Booster Club to athletics at the high school. He thanked all of the parent volunteers dedicated to making the ALJ student athletes’ experience great and encouraged new parents to join the group.
ALJ Athletic Director Gus Kalikas spoke briefly to students reminding them to make good decisions and do the right thing so they could enjoy their high school experience and play the games they are there to play. He then introduced all of the coaches for all of the teams at ALJ.
Kalikas introduced guest speaker Chris B. Williams, a positive energy coach, motivational speaker, entrepreneur and mentor. Having grown up in Philadelphia, Williams became an AllCity and AllState basketball player, before receiving a full scholarship to Manhattan College in New York where he led the team to NCAA tournament, winning the MAAC Championships in 1993.
Williams uplifting presentation to students was full of inspirational messaging and concrete examples of what it takes to be a better athlete and person. He spoke to students about how to grow as individuals and to elevate others along their path.
“The Booster Club was thrilled to be able to bring Chris B. Williams into our school district to talk to our student athletes, parents, and coaches. The messages of the evening resonated with our audience in all aspects of one’s life. I am sure that everyone in attendance will implement some of these valuable ideas and incorporate them into their everyday lives,” said Kalikas.
At the conclusion of the presentation, students and parents were invited to the cafeteria to meet the coaching staff and ask questions.
This year’s coaching lineup includes:
- Fall Cheerleading Head Coach Lindsey Barrett
- Cross Country Head Coach Robert Cahill
- Gymnastics Head Coach Brianna Ferdinandi
- Girls’ Tennis Head Coach Chris Raguseo
- Volleyball Head Coach Michelle Zaleski
- Girls Soccer Head Coach Kenneth Leeder
- Boys Soccer Head Coach Dan House
- Field Hockey Head Coach Katrina Poskay
- Football Head Coach Anthony DelConte
- Winter Cheerleading Head Coach Lindsey Barrett
- Bowling Head Coach Michele Zaleski
- Boys’ Basketball Head Coach David Kennedy
- Girls’ Basketball Head Coach Joseph Marino
- Ice Hockey Head Coach Brian Klimchak
- Swimming Head Coach Robert Cahill
- Winter Track and Field Head Coaches Christopher Marcin and Stephen Barry,
- Wrestling Head Coach Michael Siter
- Baseball Head Coach David Kennedy
- Golf Head Coach Daniel House
- Lacrosse Head Coach Lou VanBergen
- Softball Head Coach Christopher DiNucci
- Boys’ Tennis Head Coach Christopher Raguseo
- Spring Track and Field Head Coaches Christopher Marcin and Stephen Barry.