CORAL SPRINGS, FL – In recent weeks, as Coral Springs parks were closed to the public due to the pandemic, they were open to city crews who used the time to make big and small renovations to the facilities and fields.
Those improvements included:
- Veteran’s Parks (8601 Royal Palm Blvd): painting the monument area.
- Mullins Park (10000 Ben Geiger Dr.): removing plants at the volunteer building and adding fresh material, as well as taking out old concrete broken parking stops and replacing them with new recycled plastic stops at the Aiello and Pool parking lots. In addition, the Collins and Heafy Fields were renovated.
- American Little League, Mullins Hall, Mullins West, and Mullins East: deep, steam-cleaning the restrooms.
- Paul Britton Park (11400 Wyndham Lakes Blvd N): installing concrete curbs around equipment and sidewalks as well as new wood fiber.
- Fern Glenn (4801 NW 66th Terrace): rebuilding and curbing the volleyball court.
- Cypress Park (1301 Coral Springs Dr): pressure-cleaning concrete areas, and cleaning and painting turf fields.
- NCP and Cypress batting cages: installing artificial turf.
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.