CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Friday, August 14, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 44 new cases reported Friday. (2,874 total cases)
- In the zip codes that include all of Coral Springs or part of it:
17 new cases in the 33063 zip code. (1,718 total cases)
29 new cases in the 33065 zip code. (1,776 total cases)
8 new cases in the 33067 zip code. (529 total cases)
12 new cases in the 33071 zip code. (1,050 total cases)
9 new cases in the 33073 zip code. (1,081 total cases)
13 new cases in the 33076 zip code. (699 total cases)
- 655 new cases reported on Friday. (65,369 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread): 7.6% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- 31 new deaths reported on Friday. (914 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
- 111 new people hospitalized reported on Friday. (4,191 total people hospitalized) (7% of all cases)
- Florida had 6,218 new cases reported on Friday. (563,285 total cases)
- Florida had 228 new deaths reported on Friday. (9,141 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
Locations for testing sites:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.