CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Friday, May 22 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 22)
- Coral Springs has 256 cases – up five from Wednesday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
160 in the 33063 zip code.
148 in the 33065 zip code.
40 in the 33067 zip code.
201 in the 33068 zip code.
89 in the 33071 zip code.
81 in the 33073 zip code.
57 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 6,580 cases.
- Florida has 49,451 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 837,172 (Negative: 786,045)
- Total deaths in Florida: 2,190
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 9,117
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- Broward County beaches, gyms, and hotels can reopen with safety restrictions Tuesday, May 26, according to a county order issued Friday.
Concerning beaches, they will be allowed to be opened from sunrise to sunset. Activities such as walking, running, surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, and body surfing will be permitted.
The county order also permits the re-opening of gyms which include fitness centers as well as dance, martial arts, yoga, spinning, and personal training studios.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.