CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Saturday, August 8, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 34 new cases reported Saturday. (2,663 total cases)
- In the zip codes that include all of Coral Springs or part of it:
28 new cases in the 33063 zip code. (1,607total cases)
21 new cases in the 33065 zip code. (1,648 total cases)
5 new cases in the 33067 zip code. (487 total cases)
14 new cases in the 33071 zip code. (984 total cases)
18 new cases in the 33073 zip code. (1,010 total cases)
4 new cases in the 33076 zip code. (658 total cases)
- 918 new cases reported on Saturday. (61,614 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread): 9.8% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- 7 new deaths reported on Saturday. (789 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
- 106 new people hospitalized reported on Saturday. (3,766 total people hospitalized) (6% of all cases)
- Florida had 8,541 new cases reported on Saturday. (526,577 total cases)
- Florida had 182 new deaths reported on Saturday. (8,109 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
Locations for testing sites:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.