CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Sunday, August 9, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 25 new cases reported Sunday. (2,688 total cases)
- 695 new cases reported on Sunday. (62,268 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread): 8.7% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- 14 new deaths reported on Sunday. (803 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
- 80 new people hospitalized reported on Sunday. (3,846 total people hospitalized) (6% of all cases)
- Florida had 6,248 new cases reported on Sunday. (532,806 total cases)
- Florida had 77 new deaths reported on Sunday. (8,186 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
Locations for testing sites:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.