CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Sunday, August 2, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 51 new cases reported Sunday. (2,473 total cases)
- In the zip codes that include all of Coral Springs or part of it:
27 new cases in the 33063 zip code. (1,481 total cases)
33 new cases in the 33065 zip code. (1,548 total cases)
8 new cases in the 33067 zip code. (459 total cases)
32 new cases in the 33071 zip code. (904 total cases)
58 new cases in the 33073 zip code. (903 total cases)
6 new cases in the 33076 zip code. (622 total cases)
- 1,202 new cases reported on Sunday. (57,975 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread): 12.1% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- 3 new deaths reported on Sunday. (745 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
- 14 new people hospitalized reported on Sunday. (3,346 total people hospitalized) (6% of all cases)
- Florida had 7,104 new cases reported on Sunday. (487,132 total cases)
- Florida had 62 new deaths reported on Sunday. (7,084 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
Locations for testing sites:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.