CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Sunday, May 24 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 24)
- Coral Springs has 265 cases – up four from Saturday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
164 in the 33063 zip code.
155 in the 33065 zip code.
40 in the 33067 zip code.
203 in the 33068 zip code.
89 in the 33071 zip code.
83 in the 33073 zip code.
58 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 6,697 cases.
- Florida has 50,867 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 872,916 (Negative: 820,368)
- Total deaths in Florida: 2,237
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 9,381
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- On the first day of the new coronavirus testing site in Coral Springs, 142 people were tested on Saturday, according to the City of Coral Springs. The free testing site at Mullins Hall (in Mullins Park at 10150 NW 29th Street) reopens on Tuesday from 8-4:30 pm. Registration is required by calling 954-412-7300.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.