CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Thursday, August 13, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 38 new cases reported Thursday. (2,830 total cases)
- In the zip codes that include all of Coral Springs or part of it:
17 new cases in the 33063 zip code. (1,701 total cases)
25 new cases in the 33065 zip code. (1,747 total cases)
7 new cases in the 33067 zip code. (521total cases)
11 new cases in the 33071 zip code. (1,038 total cases)
7 new cases in the 33073 zip code. (1,072 total cases)
5 new cases in the 33076 zip code. (686 total cases)
- 707 new cases reported on Thursday. (64,741 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread): 9.1% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- 24 new deaths reported on Thursday. (883 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
- 111 new people hospitalized reported on Thursday. (4,191 total people hospitalized) (7% of all cases)
- Florida had 6,331 new cases reported on Thursday. (557,137 total cases)
- Florida had 148 new deaths reported on Thursday. (8,913 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
Locations for testing sites:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.